Yellow Emperor has opted in on a green initiative created by our energy provider, EWEB, called Greenpower in order to offset our environmental impact.
Each month, Yellow Emperor pays an additional one cent per kilowatt-hour of energy that our company uses which will support sustainable energy and environmental projects in the community. The money donated to Greenpower will be used to:
- Protect the environment.Greenpower helps reduce regional air pollution through clean generation or by reducing/offsetting our community’s carbon footprint.
- Support local solar energy projects.Greenpower funds incentives for our customers who install solar panels on their homes and businesses.
- Invest in the local economy. Greenpower supports local jobs by promoting the installation of new sources of clean energy.
- Support research, education and projects that advance renewable energy. Greenpower funds grants to local nonprofit organizations for these purposes.
- If we receive five or more Greenpower Grant applications, our Greenpower customers vote to determine which local projects receive Greenpower grants for up $50,000 each.
For more information on Greenpower and its environmental impact and initiatives: http://www.eweb.org/residential-customers/going-green/greenpower